About This Event
Live away from family and won’t be able to go home for the holidays? Spend Christmas Eve with your wine hiking family!
Let’s spread some holiday cheer wine hiker-style with a hike, booze, laughter, good company, and a white elephant exchange! You can bring something to re-gift, something you already have around the house, or even something new – let’s just make this fun!
We’ll hike past Ensign Peak to where we’ll warm ourselves with Peppermint Schnapps hot chocolate and views of the Wasatch as our backdrop.
- 4 oz Premium hot chocolate
- 1 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- Candy cane for garnish
- Fresh whipped cream for garnish
TRAIL RATING: Moderate (912 elevation gain)
LENGTH: 2.7 miles RT
CARPOOLING: Watch for an email from email@example.com about 5-7 days before the event for coordination.
ALLTRAILS LINK: Santa’s Route Past Ensign Peak
- The Ten Essentials
- Proper clothing / layers for winter hiking conditions
- Proper footwear
- Micro spikes (available to rent for $12 – please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve)
- Water and trail snacks
- Something lightweight to sit on while we stop to eat and drink (i.e., a backpacking chair, rain jacket, plastic bag, etc.)
- Hiking poles (optional but recommended)
Since we’ll be hanging out and doing our gift exchange, let’s leave four-legged friends in the warmth of our homes.
ALCOHOL NOT INCLUDED