- This event has passed.
Hiking 101: For Women by Women
March 22 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm MDT
About This Event
Are you interested in learning the basics of hiking? Not sure where to start when it comes to things like getting the right gear, picking out shoes, figuring out what to wear, or even knowing how much food and water to take? Then this class is for you, created for women by women!
Join us–Cindy and Angelique–for a class on hiking basics where we’ll cover the following topics:
- Hiking etiquette
- Recommended gear
- What to wear & how to stay cool/warm
- Which boots / shoes you needed
- How to choose a day pack
- How to pack enough food and water
- How to find places to hike (and special items you might need for different areas)
- How to take care of the 3 Ps: pooping, peeing, and periods
- What the Ten Essentials are and why they are essential
- How to Leave No Trace
- And most importantly, how to carry wine!
Come learn more about hiking in a safe, nonjudgmental environment with other women. After registering, watch for an email from email@example.com about one week prior to the event for additional information.
Four-legged friends must stay home so that everyone can take notes and focus.
ALCOHOL NOT INCLUDED
NOTE: No refunds or credits will be issued for cancellations by attendees. Credits will ONLY be issued if Wine Hiking Society cancels the class. Wine Hiking Society reserves the right to cancel this class due to weather or other concerns. Should this class be canceled, Wine Hiking Society will give participants a credit toward a future event.