- This event has passed.
Backpacking 101 (& Dinner!): For Women by Women
April 12 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm MDT
About This Event
Are you interested in learning the basics of backpacking? Not sure where to start when it comes to things like getting the right gear, packing enough food, planning a trip, or even dealing with your period? Then this class is for you, created for women by women!
Join us–Cindy and Angelique–for pizza as we cover the following topics: (Not in Utah? Join us virtually!)
- Deciding what type of backpacker you want to be and then selecting gear accordingly
- Figuring out what to wear
- Choosing a water filter
- Planning and storing food
- Knowing when and where to go (and special items you might need for different areas)
- Taking care of the 3 Ps: pooping, peeing, and periods
- Packing your pack
- And most importantly, carrying wine!
Come learn about backpacking in a safe, nonjudgmental environment with other women. After registering, watch for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org about one week prior to the event for additional information.
Four-legged friends must stay home so that everyone can take notes and focus.
ALCOHOL NOT INCLUDED